Natalain Schwartz landscape designer
Passion + experience
As a Santa Cruz licensed landscape design contractor, landscape designer, and the founder owner/operator of a local Santa Cruz landscape firm for over 20 years, I provide site consultation, as well as design and build service for the central coast community. During this time, my company has also provided the maintenance for many private gardens in Santa Cruz, Capitola, Aptos, and Soquel, giving me years of experience working in different microclimates and seeing first-hand what it takes to have long-term success in the garden.
The creation of an our certified organic family farm and vineyard in 2001 provides me with the practical knowledge of combining small-scale agriculture into residential environments. Although edible landscaping is dear to my heart, I produce a wide variety of landscape designs for my clients, based on pragmatic conditions and aesthetic vision.
I use my wide range of experience and abilities as a landscape designer, facilitator, and builder to develop and smoothly guide a project from conception to reality.
PleaseA�visit my landscape design portfolioA�to see my work.
- Licensed Landscape Contractor C-27, since 1982
- CLCA Board Member of the California Landscape Contractors Association Central Coast Chapter
- APLD Member, Association of Professional Landscape Designers
- California Landscape Contractors Association- Board member / Event coordinator
- First Place CLCA 2007 Central Coast Chapter Beautification Award for Landscape Lighting Design. Jentes -Stern Residence
- First Place CLCA 2005 Central Coast Chapter Beautification Awards for Landscape Renovations. Irving Residence
- First Place 2003 Seacliff Neighborhood Landscaping Award
- Magazine photos Landscape Natalain Schwartz Design and Installation as seen in article on architect c.c.s smith in Design Build September 2010 issue
- Magazine photos Landscape Design and Installation as seen in article ccsmith in California Home and Design May 2010 Issue
- Aptos Surf retreat landscape and design as seen in Houzz article
- Expert contributor to Bay Area for Sale
- Judge for the Santa Rosa CLCA Beautification Awards and the CLCA technical certifications.
- Unique Co. Landscape Lighting Training Program
- Volunteer for Big Brothers Big Sisters Association
- Docent for the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History and Santa Cruz museum of natural history
- R O P Landscape instructor-Designed and implemented pilot program for Aptos High School
Last thing a landscape designer wants to do is to bring another landscape designer to meet her clients. Yet I did that, many times, with Natalain. I valued her many years of experience as a contractor and owner of a major landscape maintenance company, as an owner of a productive organic farm, and as a talented designer. She managed large projects that I had designed and consulted with me and my clients on unusual design and construction challenges. I’ve also had her audit the work of other contractors. She has the highest ethical standards of anyone I know, and she holds everyone who works with or for her to the same. I can’t recommend her highly enough.